Equipping you for business life in the fast lane.
As a driven university graduate in a hurry to get to the top, you leave university with good technical knowledge and start your career with little or no business experience. The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PDBA) is aimed at fast-tracking high-potential young graduates into the world of business.
The PDBA is offered on a block release structure and is not offered as an evening programme. It runs over one year during which period you will study 13 subjects spread over six modules. A module consists of two/three subjects and is completed in six/seven days. Intensive, full-day lectures take place on the GIBS campus between 08:30 – 17:30 from Thursday/Friday to Sunday, alternating with periods back at work.
Weekends are included in the study blocks. End of module exams are written on Saturdays and Sundays, two weeks after the conclusion of the module. Students are only away from the workplace for approximately 16 working days. The PDBA is not offered in the evening. The PDBA student selection process is rigorous. This means you can look forward to lively classroom discussions and interacting and networking with high-caliber peers from a broad range of disciplines.
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent qualification;
- Two or more years work experience;
- Postgraduate level of intellectual ability (as assessed via the GIBS Entrance Test or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT); if you wish to write the GMAT, please go to http://www.mba.com/ for more information. Please take note that the GMAT is compulsory for non-degreed applicants;
- Leadership potential (your experience, letters of reference and application essays should all reveal that you can assume a leadership role in the workplace);
- Good English language skills to actively participate in academic debate;
- A minimum of Matriculation certificate-level competence in Mathematics; and
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a web browser.
Application fee: R2 500 (non-refundable, payable upon submission of your application)
Registration fee: R7 000 will be payable upon acceptance to the PDBA programme. Offset against the cost of tuition.
Total tuition fees: R85 000
Administration fee for students from countries outside South Africa: R5 000. These fees include all textbooks, electronic study material, tuition and meals, as well as travel, accommodation and all meals on the compulsory global module. Please note that these inclusions are subject to amendments without prior notice.
Please note that GIBS does not charge VAT on tuition fees.
*All prices quoted above are subject to change. Price will be confirmed by November 2016.
Click here to download the PDBA 2017 schedule.
PDBA 2017 Schedule Admin.pdf
Click here to read more about the PDBA, important dates and open evenings