Fast-track your career.
The GIBS Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PDBA) is aimed at fast-tracking high-potential graduates in the early stages of their management careers into the world of business. By pursuing a GIBS PDBA you will be exposed to a curriculum that is tailored to give you an understanding of how to run a department within your organisation.
Today, professionals do not necessarily start at the bottom and do not always have to work their way up the corporate ladder. Today’s managers and knowledge workers enjoy rapid upward mobility and their earnings often outstrip their historic peers. Globalisation and business complexity increase the stakes and speed up the pace of business. This also means business requires more practical skills. You have to be innovative, flexible and able to cope with new technology and fierce competition. Your undergraduate degree is a ticket to the game. Now it’s time to access the knowledge, tools and skills that will fast-track you in the world of business. The concept of lifelong learning – the ongoing ability to access information and develop new skills –helps business executives cope with the faster pace, growing complexity and higher stakes of the world of business.
For those who are not afraid of change and are flexible enough to adapt to new situations, the GIBS Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (GIBS PDBA) will help you gain the business knowledge you require to lead and thrive in today’s competitive environment, paving the way to future career success.
Watch this video to learn more about the GIBS PDBA:
The following courses are covered in the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Organisational Behaviour,
- Innovation and Critical Thinking,
- Economics: Prices and Markets,
- Information And Knowledge Management,
- Ethics and Sustainability,
- Financial Accounting,
- Management Accounting,
- Human Resources Strategy,
- Operations Management,
- Integrating Structures and Processes and
Exams are written over two days two weeks after the conclusion of each module.
ELEMENTS ACROSS ALL MODULES: 1. INDIVIDUAL PREPARATION
2. SYNDICATE GROUP MEETINGS 3. LECTURES 4. ASSESSMENTS 5. COACHING
The GIBS Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (GIBS PDBA) runs over one year on a modular block release structure. During this period you will study 13 subjects spread over six modules. A module consists of two/three subjects and is completed in six/seven days. The GIBS PDBA is not offered in the evening. All accepted GIBS PDBA students are required to attend the three-day Leadership Assessment and Development (LEAD) workshop prior to commencing the programme in 2018. The workshop starts daily at 08:30 and ends at 17:30 and takes place at the GIBS campus.
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent qualification;
- You have a minimum of two years work experience;
- Postgraduate level of intellectual ability (as assessed via the GIBS Entrance Test or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT))
- You have leadership potential (in accordance with your experience, reference letters and application essay).
- You have good English language skills to actively participate in academic debate.
- You have a minimum of Matriculation-certificate-level competence in Mathematics.
- You have competence in the use of a scientific or financial calculator.
- You have competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a web browser.
Application fee: R2900 (non-refundable, payable on application submission)
Registration fee: R7 000 payable on acceptance to the PDBA offset against cost of the tuition fees.
Total tuition fees: R85 750 (2018)
Administration fee for students from countries outside South Africa: R5 000
Please note that GIBS does not charge VAT on tuition fees.
All prices quoted are subject to change. Prices will be confirmed by October 2017.
Please note this is only for quotation purposes. No payment can be made against a quotation.
Tax Invoices will only be issued once you have been accepted onto the programme.