Gain a global outlook as you master the complexities of international trade and business.
The overall aim of the programme is to equip students with the global business strategy skills needed to understand the challenges and grasp the opportunities that the global business environment offers. This Master's degree in International Business is a specialised degree that will enable you to transform from a traditional business manager into a global business leader who understands the complexities of managing in a global society. You will be able to conduct advanced research into International Business and be an expert in your area of chosen research.
This is a research intensive course focusing on International Business that articulates to a PhD.
Key focus areas
The following core courses are covered in year one: (May - November 2018)
- Competitive global business strategy;
- States and markets in the global political economy;
- International business and emerging markets; and
- Managing the multinational corporation.
Requirements during year two: (Jan - November 2019)
- You will need to select four electives from the 40 offered on the MBA programme based on your areas of interest;
- Introduction to Research Methodology - culminates in your research proposal; and
- Research Report in the area of International Business (hand in early November 2019).
Application fee: R2 900 (non-refundable, payable on application submission)
Registration fee: R15 000 payable on acceptance to the programme offset against total tuition fees
Total tuition fees: R135 000 (2018 & 2019)
Administration fee for students from countries outside South Africa: R5 000
Please note that GIBS does not charge VAT on tuition fees.
ADMISSIONS PROCESS 2017 - TBC
ESSAY QUESTION 2017 - download
GMAT Information 2017 - download for non-degreed applicants
NMAT - Applicants are welcome to submit NMAT scores in addition to either the GIBS Entrance Test/GMAT.
NMAT by GMAC - download information pack
- A minimum of an Honours degree or equivalent (NQF 8) in Business/Business related field/Professional qualification cognate to this degree such as a 4 year degree in Engineering or Law.
- Minimum 5 years work experience preferably with exposure to the international business environment
- GIBS Entrance test or GMAT if non-degreed (min score 550)
- 500 word essay on a specific international business topic
Open Evenings 2018
Start Time: 17:30pm