The Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) in General Management (GM) is a new offering at GIBS which is aimed at individuals who would like to gain a broad overview of business fundamentals in order to prepare them for the GIBS MBA journey.
The PGDip is a nine-month programme. This offering resonates with managers who are self-driven and highly motivated and who are looking to gain a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of business. It is for individuals who do not only want to become more effective managers, but also have the aspiration to progress onto the GIBS MBA programme.
Duration: Nine months
January – September 2017 followed by the MBA phase.
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of five years’ work experience, at least two years of which must have been at management level;
- Postgraduate level of intellectual ability (as assessed via the GIBS Entrance Test or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT));
- Leadership potential (your experience, letters of reference and application essays should all reveal that you can assume a leadership role in the workplace);
- Good English language skills to have the ability to articulate your arguments verbally and in written format.
- A minimum of Matriculation certificate-level competence in Mathematics;
- Competence in the use of a scientific or financial calculator; and
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a web browser.
Applications open on 1 June 2016.
Applications for international students close on 31 August 2016.
Applications for non-degreed applicants close on 30 September 2016.
Applications for the PGDip Full-Time close on 7 October 2016
Applications for all other applicants close on 1 November 2016.
Date: Thursday 20 October 2016
Venue: GIBS, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton
Start Time: 17:30pm
RSVP: Click here to book your seat. Seats are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Please note the above dates are subject to change without notice.
GMAT PREPARATORY COURSES - October/December 2016
Dates: 31 October 2016 - 8 December 2016
Fee: With Verbal: R6.500,00 * Without Verbal (Quant Only): R4.000,00
GMAT Review Official Guide 2017 or 2016 (2015 or 2013 editions also accepted)
For more details and to register for any of the courses please contact:
GMAT Quantitative Prep Courses GMAT Verbal Prep Courses
Shimon Goldchmit Sue McLaggan
082 336 3217 083 645 7785
GMAC Opportunity – Invitation to participate
The Graduate Management Council (GMAC), a non-profit association of the world’s leading business schools, is developing a common, affordable graduate management admission test for African schools and students that is recognized across the Continent and beyond.
You are invited to be a part of this cutting edge effort to establish common quality standards among African schools—a first step towards establishing internationally recognized standards and a community of African schools comparable to those that exist in other world regions. GIBS is very proud to be included among the very select group of African schools invited to participate in this important initiative.
What will be required from you?
You will be required to take a 2-hour assessment which will be administered at GIBS during a one-week period in November. Preparation material will be made available upon confirmation of your participation. Like the GMAT, the assessment focuses on problem solving and critical thinking. You will be given $20 for sitting the exam, and an additional $50 if you achieve over 75% correct. The results will be made available within 1-2 weeks of completing the test.
Should you be interested in participating please contact:
011 771 4331
011 771 4137