The Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) is recruiting candidates for the 2022 GIBS Youth Employment Service (YES) programme. We need your assistance to help identify potential candidates for this programme so please forward this communication to people in your network who you believe may meet the candidate requirements. Successful candidates will be employed at GIBS on a one year fixed term contract from January 2022.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Live in Gauteng;
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 years old (i.e. will not have turned 35 by 31 December 2021);
- A black South African person by birth or through naturalisation (a) before 27 April 1994 (being the date of the commencement of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Act of 1993) or (b) on or after 27 April 1994 for anyone who would have been entitled to acquire citizenship by naturalisation prior to that date;
- Currently unemployed;
- Have not participated in the YES programme of any other company;
- A minimum of a one-year technical certificate in technical fields such as information technology, digital media or stage production or similar.
- Postgraduate level of intellectual ability (as assessed via the GIBS PDBA entrance test);
- Ideally some experience in some of the following disciplines:
- Working in live arts,
- Online technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams,
- Video and audio production.
- Good English language skills;
- Be available and prepared to work a 40 hour week over a seven day period (i.e. Monday to Sunday with two consecutive days off) including evening work from Monday to Friday (16:30 to 21:30); and
- Have been vaccinated for COVID-19 and be prepared to maintain their vaccination status and comply with any other Department of Health recommended interventions.
If you meet all these criteria and would like to make an application please apply here.
Please note that there are a limited number of places on this programme.
Closing date 17 November 2021.