The GIBS Entrepreneurship Development Academy (EDA) invites female entrepreneurs in agriculture and related sub-sectors to apply for the upcoming Corteva Agriscience - Women in Agriculture Programme set to kick off in March 2023.
The following criteria should be kept in mind when applying. Applicants must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be operating a business for at least two years in the agricultural sector or sub-sectors and should have growth potential.
- Employ at least one or more persons.
- Generate at least R300,000 in revenue/sales per annum (evidence will be requested from shortlisted applicants).
- Be based in Gauteng or within travelling distance to Illovo, Johannesburg. Travelling will be at your own cost. Surrounding provinces will be accepted (the programme delivery will be blended with in-person sessions in Johannesburg at your own cost).
- Have access to a computer which can be comfortably used and supported with stable Wi-Fi or data.
- Accept that the programme will be delivered in a blended format (a mix of online and in-person sessions).
- Be able to read, write and converse in English. A matric will be an advantage.
- Provide a commitment fee of R3,500.00 as a deposit (the full fee is refundable when successfully graduating. Early drop-out will result in the fee being forfeited.
Additionally, applicants must:
- Have a demonstrated willingness to participate in additional agriculture programmes designed by Corteva.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be willing to pay back the funding if they opt to drop out of the course.
- Be dependable, prepared, and on time for sessions.
- Exhibit flexibility and be open to treating the mentoring experience as a learning opportunity.
Applications close on 15 February 2023. To apply, please access the online application form
For inquiries, please email us on