The GIBS Entrepreneurship Development Academy, in partnership with SAB Foundation, will be hosting the 7th annual Festival of Ideas Competition at the GIBS campus in November 2020. The festival provides a platform to showcase sound business ideas that drive a social or environmental mission to achieve social change. Aspirant social entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their unique business ideas to a panel of experts for a chance to win a share of R70 000 in cash prizes.
HOW TO ENTER:
• Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp to 063 611 8494. Please include your full name and email address.
• Entries close on 13 November 2020.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp
• 50 candidates will be shortlisted and notified by 17th November 2020
• All shortlisted candidates must attend a Pitching Workshop to be held virtually on zoom on 20 Nov 2020 (date subject to change, confirmation will be sent to all candidates)
• A second shortlisting will take place on the Workshop day and the top 10 candidates will be chosen to pitch to a panel at the main event.
• The main event will be held during Global Entrepreneurship month at GIBS on the 27th November 2020, where the top 10 finalists will pitch their ideas to win a share of the prize money.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Only SA citizens are allowed to apply
• Only voice note entries will be accepted;
• Voice notes must be clear and a maximum of 2 minutes
• No entries will be accepted after 17th November 2020;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
• Attendance of the workshop is compulsory for all shortlisted candidates. Failure to attend will result in disqualification;
• Excludes transport and accommodation. All shortlisted candidates will need to pay for and arrange for their own transport to GIBS in Johannesburg for the main event;
• All ideas must have a social or environmental benefit;
• No cash will be given on the day of pitching, your banking details are to be sent and the money will be deposited in your account;
• Judges reserve the right not to award the full amount of prize money;
• Judges’ decision is final;
• GIBS and its partners reserve the right to market all aspects of the event as well as the winners for promotional purposes without remuneration being made payable to the winners.
• All competition participants must be over 18 years of age.