The Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) is recruiting candidates for the 2020 GIBS YES programme. We need your assistance to help identify potential candidates for this programme so please forward this communication to people in your network who you believe may meet the candidate requirements.
Successful candidates will be employed at GIBS on a one year fixed term contract from December 2020 and will be offered the opportunity to apply for and be granted a full bursary for the GIBS online Postgraduate Diploma for Business Administration – Early Career Advancement programme.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration – Early Career Advancement programme is designed to provide recent graduates with a holistic view of business, complemented by a practical skillset that will give them a competitive edge as they find their way in the world of work. Participants will improve their business skills and increase attractiveness to employers by adding general management skills to their CV, from Africa's pre-eminent business school.
How will one benefit from the PDBA-ECA:
- Develop fundamental business knowledge and skills via the completion of 13 core subjects.
- Apply learnings gained from online classroom interactions with an integrated workplace learning internship process.
- Be supported by a process of individual career coaching, as well as small group coaching conversations.
- Solve a variety of management challenges through the completion of a business project.
- Make a difference by applying learnings to a social responsibility project.
- Complete a consulting project with your study group working with a real business that needs real solutions.
- Have the opportunity to work under ongoing pressure in a simulated online professional business environment.
- Differentiate yourself through a personal and professional gamification experience.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30 year old.
- South African citizens from designated groups.
- Have not participated in the YES programme of any other company.
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Postgraduate level of intellectual ability (as assessed via the GIBS PDBA entrance test).
- Good English language skills.
- A minimum of a matriculation certificate level competence in mathematics.
- Be available and prepared to work a 40 hour week over a seven-day period (i.e. Monday to Sunday with two consecutive days off) including evening work from Monday to Friday (16:30 to 21:30).