Posted: 2 March 2021
GIBS Campus under level 1 regulations.Dear Student
As we emerge from the COVID-19 second wave, we are pleased to be able to return to campus. We must, however, remain vigilant to ensure our GIBS community stays safe. In light of the easing of restrictions, and lower case-count across the country, the GIBS Interim Dean and Exco have implemented the following measures from 1 March 2021.
• All part-time and modular academic programmes will be delivered on campus according to the schedule as communicated by your programme manager. These programmes will also be delivered simultaneously by Zoom, should any student not be able to attend in person.
• Programme Managers will arrange access to the campus for you on the days on which you have scheduled classes.
• Students who intend to come to campus outside of scheduled classes are still required to obtain permission from firstname.lastname@example.org before arrival.
• The Information Centre is open. Staff will be available on campus to assist students with research.
• The "Grab and Go" is open, and lunches will once again be served as plated meals.
• The number of people permitted to occupy an on-campus venue remains restricted to a maximum of 50% of standard capacity. Students will be accommodated in venues sufficiently large to fulfil this safety regulation.
• For those on campus, strict adherence to the mask policy will be enforced. You are reminded that you are required to wear a mask while in the presence of any other person while on campus. This is in line with the law.
These measures, while inconvenient, are essential to ensure the health and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
Dr Morris MthombeniInterim Dean
University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science
Posted: 30 December 2020
Changes to coming onto campus in line with level 3 regulations.Dear Student
I hope you are all safe, healthy and well in these extremely difficult and trying times. While we all look forward to the fresh start which the new year offers, we need to remain vigilant to ensure our GIBS community stays safe. With the announcement of new Covid strains and a significant increase in the numbers of active cases throughout the country, the risk of infection has escalated. As President Ramaphosa highlighted in his recent address, we all have a duty to keep both ourselves and our fellow South Africans safe. In light of the present circumstances and with an abundance of caution, the GIBS Interim Dean and Exco have implemented the following measures for January 2020 and thereafter until Covid lockdown levels are relaxed:
• The number of staff and students on campus will be minimised.
• All part time and modular academic programmes will be delivered entirely online.
• Students who have a specific need to come onto campus are required to obtain permission from email@example.com prior to arival.
• The Information Centre will close. However the staff remain available to assist with your research requirements. Contact details here.
• The coffee shop will again be closed, and where meals are required on campus, they will be served in individual sealed units.
• For those who are permitted on campus, strict adherence to the mask policy will be enforced. You are reminded that you are required to wear a mask while in the presence of any other person while on campus. This is in line with law.
• Only essential staff will operate from the campus, all other GIBS faculty and staff will work from home.
We will review these measures throughout January and amend them as required, as the impact of the second wave of the pandemic unfolds.
I trust you understand that these measures, while inconvenient are essential to ensure the health and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
Let us remember the proverb: However long the night may last, there will be a morning.
Dr Morris Mthombeni
University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science.
Posted: 18 September 2020
Rules of engagement – COVID-19 Level One
Principles underlying our actions to ensure the GIBS campus remains safe:
- Access to the campus still requires preregistration.
- Everyone is required to wear masks at all times, except when eating.
- Everyone is required to keep a 2 metre social distance from others at all times.
- Everyone is required to sanitise regularly, and practice all other healthy hygiene habits and Covid-19 protocols to keep each other safe.
- Students are to continue to use the Melville Road entrance and park as directed by security. They are then to please proceed through the Covid -19 screening at the main entrance to the campus. Please allow time for screening ahead of your lecture.
- Whilst the regulations allow 100% of students to be back on campus, in order to align to the principle of maintaining a 2 metre distance at all times (and exercising an abundance of caution) and to comply with the current 50% venue occupancy regulation, GIBS will not be able to accommodate more than 40 students in its largest venues (except the auditorium) at any one time.
- Programme managers will notify students in good time when their course will be held on campus. Students who cannot attend on campus will continue to be accommodated with livestreaming of the lecture.
- All venues will have a notice at the door specifying the maximum occupancy rate for the venue. Programme Managers (PMs) will ensuring that occupancy does not exceed the designate venue occupancy rate.
- Programme Managers will also ensure standards of on campus health and hygiene and associated Covid-19 protocols are adhered to by all students and others on campus.
- PMs will continue to register the names of students, faculty, guest speakers and programme staff and the dates on which they will need to access campus.
- Students will no longer be issued with permits to travel to campus as they are no longer necessary. However, all students will still be required to be registered by programme managers or apply for access to come onto campus. This is to ensure we do not exceed safe the safe capacity of specific venues and the campus as a whole.
- Students wishing to utilize the new Info centre should apply for access here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weather and space permitting, syndicate work can take place outside providing students maintain a 2 metre distance and wear their masks. Syndicate rooms can only accommodate two to four students simultaneously. Should students require syndicate rooms they may apply for such here: email@example.com For sanitary reasons unbooked syndicate rooms will remain locked.
- As students may now return to campus, the Drive by Wi-Fi has been discontinued.
|Welcome back to your future at Gibs||COVID safety at Gibs|