Learn how to navigate a customer-centric and data-driven world
Whether you find yourself in HR or marketing, client-facing or not, this masterclass is aimed at providing an overall perspective on why data privacy matters, how it could impact your role and the principles to apply when personal information is collected, stored, updated, shared and destroyed.
Who should attend?
- HR professionals who deal with staff personal information;
- Client care professionals who deal directly with clients/handle personal client information;
- Marketing professionals seeking to understand client consents and T&Cs;
- Those who work in information security, IT infrastructure and related roles; and
- Employees who want to be proactive in understanding the impact this will have in their space and want to differentiate themselves.
How you will benefit
After this programme, you will have an understanding of:
- The requirements to acquire and process personal information lawfully;
- What a data privacy impact assessment should contain;
- The business case for data privacy adherence and challenges in implementation; and
- How the treatment of client personal information impacts customer experience.
Key focus areas
- Knowing privacy rights and understanding concomitant responsibilities;
- The importance of conducting a data privacy impact assessment;
- Key challenges businesses will face during implementation;
- Measures to mitigate risks and improve customer experience;
- Approach and framework to practical implementation;
- System design, privacy-first approach to architecture, security;
- Value of data/information;
- Transparency and accountability (governance, monitoring, audit); and
- Appropriate measures: technical (Infosec map), management, monitoring and response processes, notifications, cloud considerations.
Advocate Jane Appasamy is a data privacy and consumer protection legal professional who prides herself on being a simplicity enthusiast. She works with clients who seek to harness the business case for data privacy with a view to honing their relentless drive for customer-centricity. For over two decades, Jane has worked across sectors within corporate, including financial services, retail, manufacturing as well as within the public sector. She has fulfilled multiple roles including legal advisor, governance specialist, compliance officer and in-house legal counsel. She has also served on the boards of a multinational insurer as well as a sector education and training authority, in a governance capacity. Jane is the founder of Appasamy & Associates a legal and compliance consultancy. She is a member of the part-time faculty at GIBS as well as a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Publications: BEE Simplified (2017); The Financial Advisory and Intermediary (FAIS) Act (a Lexis Nexis, Butterworths publication).
Qualifictions: B Proc, LLB (Wits), CFP, Advanced Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning (UFS); Certificate in Compliance Management (UCT); Management Development Programme (GIBS); PDBA cum laude (GIBS); BankSETA International Exec Leadership Development Program cum laude (GIBS/New York Universtity - Stern School of Business), Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Group booking discount of 20% for 5 or more delegates.