SAVCA and GIBS are pleased to bring you the annual Private Equity Foundation Programme.
This is for professionals who are either in the early stages of their careers in Private Equity or would like to learn more about this particular asset class. Given the success of last year's virtual programme, we will again be offering the programme in the form of a two-day in-person training session which will take place at the GIBS Business School in Illovo.
The programme will focus on the latest insights, best practices and experiences from industry professionals in relation to the Private Equity value chain.
This programme will unpack the full spectrum of the private equity life cycle and provide necessary knowledge to understand the following concepts:
- What private equity is and the current trends;
- The role of venture capital in the private equity life cycle;
- The evolution of private equity funding models;
- Deal generation and evaluating investment opportunities;
- Financing private equity deals: the role of debt funding and mezzanine funding;
- Post-investment and best practice in value addition;
- Preparing for a successful exit;
- Private Equity on the African continent – trends and considerations when investing across the continent;
- Career opportunities within private equity; and
- Institutional investors views on trends and mandates.
Click here for Programme.
Who should attend:
This course is intended for individuals who are either new to the world of private equity or who would like to gain a better understanding of the full private equity value chain. This may include private equity practitioners, investment/fund managers, institutional investors, and consultants to the industry. Participants are guided through the private equity process with real-life case studies and best practices as presented by senior private equity practitioners.
A certificate will be awarded to each participant on completion of the course.
CPD points will be earned.
A networking cocktail function will be held for all participants on 26 July 2022.
The various topics are presented by senior private equity practitioners, who share a wealth of knowledge and experience with participants. Participants will not only learn about the private equity life cycle from these presenters, but also gain personal insights into some of the most interesting private equity deals. The programme topics will be integrated by industry experts who are seasoned professionals in the deal making space.
- 20% discount for companies that send five or more delegates
- 20% discount for GIBS PDBA/MBA alumni or current GIBS PDBA/MBA students
Networking Cocktail Function 26 July 2022
Foundation Programme 26 and 27 July 2022
SAVCA and GIBS, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the course, including but not limited to, the date, name, content, program, speakers, moderators and times. Should the course not be able to proceed due to COVID regulations, SAVCA and GIBS will be in touch with participants to offer alternatives.