Junk status – hard times ahead for your business. How do you now justify and optimise your marketing spend?
Marketers need to understand the financial impact of their marketing, sales and go-to-market channel plans. Reliable and objective Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) and metrics must be built into a marketing strategy to optimise the marketing spend over the short and long term.
Key focus areas covered in masterclass
- Financial Metrics vs. Marketing Metrics: Two case studies
- Why we measure: Costing out alternatives marketing spends (i.e. increase return or decrease investment). Case study.
- What we measure: Brand Asset: Brand Value, Psychological Value & Customer Asset: Satisfaction, Loyalty, Behaviour
- How we measure actual and expected outcomes: Intermediate outcomes and Final Outcomes (Sales, GP%, profit, ROI, Reduce uncertainty of cash flow, Enhance cash flow, Customer retention)
- Challenges: Validity of data, politics in your organisation
- The ROMI debate: Art and Science
- Mastering advertising, promotions, events, and market communication techniques to ensure ROI for your company
Who should attend
Top management – VP, Directors, Division Heads, Senior Managers and other senior executives from:
- Marketing and Sales
- Brand Management/Communication
- Strategic Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- Product Management
- Channel Management
- Event Marketing
- Brand Communications
- Database Marketing
- Crisis Communications/Crisis Management
- Market Research department
The module adopts a participant-centric approach. It
is with this intent that the pedagogy will leverage the collective corporate
experience and intellect of the participants to enrich learning. The cases have
been carefully balanced to cover the breadth of the field, facilitate in-depth
discussions and class-wide participation. The case conversations are enhanced by participants’
bringing their own challenges in marketing for in-depth discussion in the class.
Masterclass facilitator - Ian Rheeder
Ian is a registered Chartered Marketer (CM), the highest professional marketing qualification recognised in Europe. He also has an MSc (cum laude) in The Management of Technology & Innovation. Prior to starting Markitects Consulting in 2005, his last corporate position was Marketing and Sales Director for the global zipper giant, YKK. He is currently a part-time faculty at GIBS.
GIBS campus, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton, Johannesburg
Date and time
14 June 2017 from 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
Fee and cancellation policy
R4 600 pp includes masterclass materials, lunch and refreshments for the day.
Payment must be received two weeks prior to start of masterclass to secure seat. Please adhere to cancellation policy outlined below.
To book your seat, please click APPLY NOW. If you have queries on how to book online or have any problem with registering online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org