Few sectors have been as disrupted as retail has. To survive, retailers need to remain relevant and embrace change.
While no business is immune to disruption, few sectors have experienced disruption on the scale that retail has, because at the heart of their business is the customer, who increasingly is more empowered, sophisticated and connected. Traditional bricks and mortar, location and footprint are no longer barriers to access, and key to sustainability is the identification of trends, opportunities and challenges both on a local and global scale.
Declining economic growth, political uncertainty, high inflation, lower business and consumer confidence, add complexity to an already challenging business environment.
This conference examines the entire value chain from fundamentals, opportunities, inherent weaknesses and the ecosystem of suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and logistics companies. It is intentionally provocative and will require an open-minded approach to what is possible, and more importantly, on how can you apply what you've learnt back to your company.
Conference Moderator: Susan Mauwer, MD Avroy Shlain
"Retail today requires a multidimensional view of what has to be achieved, driving collaboration and possibilities across the value chain - are the different touch points in your organisation aligned?"
- Stuart Bird, former CEO and executive director of Mr Price Group
- Andrew Smith, CEO, Yuppiechef
- David Smollan, CEO, Smollan
Wills, country manager, Cotton On Africa
Dagma Artz, head of people and performance, Cotton On Africa
- Jane Canny, chief executive: ThankU Digital, Edcon Group
- , marketing executive, Autozone Lesego Moagi
Owen Farrow, leader for retail and consumer market for Middle East Africa and Turkey IBM
- Bryan Nelson, sector lead: retail, travel and financial services, Google Africa
- Musa Kalenga, CEO and founder of Bridge Labs
- Nicholas Haralambous, founder of the online fashion company, NicHarry.com and author of Do.Fail.Learn.Repeat.
- Preetesh Sewraj, CEO and chief innovation analyst, Product of the Year-South Africa
- Jade Kirkel, group marketing manager, Sorbet Group
- Travis Coppin, national marketing manager, Food Lovers Market
- Bryan Gildenberg, chief knowledge officer, Kantar
- Sabine Witasek, acting supply chain executive at Masscash for retail and wholesale
- Ken Osler, managing director, SizweAfrica Business Consulting
- Aline Sciarappa-Edmeston, founding partner, No Menu Media Specialists
- Dave Smith, equity research analyst, Investec
- Joanne Wilson, marketing director, Origin Coffee Roasters SA
Please click here for Programme.
Discounts of 20% for bookings of 5 or more.
This conference is proudly sponsored by Smollan