Leverage analytics for better business decisions and impact on bottom line.
Predictive analytics is the use of data, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to identify the likelihood of future outcomes based on historical data. The objective is to go beyond knowing what has happened in order to provide the best predictions of what will happen in the future. Whether you are in marketing, risk and compliance, customer service, operations or any other business unit, your data can show where you are and predict where you are going. The use of predictive analytics will impact how your company make strategic decisions and drive bottom line.
Save the date for this one-day GIBS Predictive Analytics masterclass. Book early as seats are limited.
1. Understanding the Big Data landscape: Where are we? Why predictive analytics matters?
2. Distinguishing between descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics?
2a. How to move between the phases?
3. Barriers and challenges to implementation
4. How to leverage internal data? Tools and Techniques
5. How to lower costs and increase profits?
6. How to build your case internally? Getting buy-in
7. Case study in application
Benefits and reasons to attend:
- Given the rapidly changing nature of this field, understanding what value can be derived from predictive analytics is known but 'how' remains a key question. This masterclass will provide a framework for application of the appropriate tools and techniques to lower costs and increase profitability.
- Building a compelling case remains a challenge. Participants will be introduced to the principles of how to build a compelling case while fully understanding the commonly cited barrier.
- Hone your understanding of the tools and techniques for data analytics.
Who should attend
Practitioners and professionals in charge of
- big data
- CRM, customer engagement/retention
- sales, marketing
- digital, social media, online
- internal audit
- IT, technology, systems
Masterclass Facilitator - Manoj Chiba, GIBS Faculty
Manoj is a management professional, having over 10 years of senior management experience. He has a Msc (WITS), MBA (GIBS), and currently studying towards his DBA (GIBS). Currently he is the Principal Consultant and Data Analyst specialist for ATBM Advisory, and has consulted to over 50 companies, and a non-executive director on three board's of directors. He continues to advise companies EXCO's and delivers operational projects across industries. His passion is driving the triple bottom line through evidence based research, and some of the work includes price-setting strategies, market share analysis and strategic input. He further has a strong passion for education at the grass-roots level, and assisting in solving youth unemployment in South Africa. He lectures MBA students at GIBS on Analytical Tools and Techniques and supervisors MBA projects.
GIBS campus, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton, Johannesburg
Fee and cancellation penalty
Fee of R4700/p includes masterclass materials, lunch and refreshments for the day. Payment of R4700/p must be received latest 2 weeks prior to start of masterclass to secure seat. Please adhere to cancellation policy outlined below.
To book your seat, please click APPLY NOW. If you have queries on how to book your seat online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have successfully submitted your online registration, you will receive a reference number, followed by email with invoice. If you do not receive any response, please follow-up with Belinda by sending an email to email@example.com