The healthcare landscape in South Africa.
2019 saw a change in arguably the single most influential individual in healthcare in SA- what does the appointment of Dr. Zweli Mkhize mean for public and private healthcare, the NHI and innovation in healthcare?
- What's new in healthcare in 2019? A summary of the key government, legislative and private sector initiatives to improve the health system for all South Africans in both the public and private health sectors.
- National Health Insurance and the Health Market Inquiry- an update. A discussion on the latest developments in the healthcare regulatory arena and their impact on the health industry players.
- The future of value-based healthcare. Since Michael Porter popularised the concept in the early 2000's, where to now with VBC in South Africa? Is this just a novel idea or a real way forward for healthcare? What are the benefits and obstacles? How can these be overcome?
- Healthcare Innovations. What is the landscape for health innovation in SA?
- Technology update. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Healthcare.
- The New Investors in HealthCare. The role of Alternative Investments/Private Equity/VC in healthcare delivery.
- Novel approaches in the Pharmaceutical sector. New approaches to delivering care and how innovation in universities can drive new discoveries in pharmaceuticals.
- The Business of Medicinal Cannabis and Health. Is there a business case or is this just hype? What are the opportunities and risks? What are the benefits and harms?
Moderator: Dr Elton Dorkin, MD of Dr EP Dorkin & Associates
Speakers confirmed to date:
- Lerato Mosiah, CEO, Health Funders Association
Council for Medical Schemes (speaker to be confirmed shortly)
Dr Shrey Viranna, CEO of Life Healthcare
Dr Vusi Nhlapo, GM, Private Practice, South African Medical Association (SAMA)
Lance Lasersohn, Specialist
Anesthesiologist and Intensive Care Physician, SASA
Vice President (President Elect)
- Victoria Barr, Senior Director at FTI Consulting, co-founder of Alignd
Roly Buys, Strategy Development Executive, MEDICLINIC
- , CEO, Philips Africa Jasper Westerink
- : Cardiologist: MD Brandmed. Dr Riaz Motara
- Gokul Nair, co-founder, Impulse BioMedical
- Dr Babalwa Maholwana, Independent Pharmaceutical Consultant
- , CEO, SANBS Dr Jonathan Louw
Clyde Lewis, Chief Commercial Officer, GE
Dr Marlon Germon, healthcare practitioner, private practice
Groups discounts of 20% for bookings of five or more.
Companies wishing to sponsor this conference can contact Katie on email@example.com.
Conference starts at 08:30 and ends at 16:00.