Connecting for Growth, Inclusion and ProsperityThe evidence that comes from the recent performance of the South African economy is deeply concerning. Since 2012, economic growth has steadily ratcheted lower and has sat below population growth for three years running. To add to this parlous state, at the end of 2016 and the start of 2017, economic growth went negative taking the South African economy into recession.
Is 2018 likely to be more of the same or will economic growth pick up moderately? Does consumer confidence and future investment hinge largely on the outcome of the ANC elective conference in December?
For answers to these questions and more exclusive insights from business leaders, economists, analysts and investors book now for this highly anticipated conference.
Speakers confirmed to date:
- Prof Adrian Saville, Founder and CE, Cannon Asset Managers and Professor of Economics & Competitive Strategy, GIBS
Konrad Reuss, Managing
Director, Regional Head – Africa
Dr Johan van Zyl, CEO, African Rainbow Capital and Ubuntu-Botho
Vuyani Jarana, CEO, SAA
Montfort Mlachila, Senior Resident Representative in South Africa, IMF
- Dr Iraj Abedian, founder and Chief Executive, Pan-African Capital Holdings
Siyabonga Gama, the Group Chief Executive
of Transnet SOC Ltd
Adam Craker, CEO, IQbusiness
Bantu Holomiso, Co-Founder and President of the UDM
Mohammed Bhabha, Group
Executive, Infrastructure Delivery Division, DBSA
Ian Matthews, Executive Director of Bravura
Michelle Adelman, Managing Director of Accite Holdings, has been named
by CEO Magazine 2017's "Most Influential Woman in Business" for
Botswana & SADC North
- Gina Schoeman, South Africa economist, Citibank Global Economics team
- Stephen Grootes, Host of the Afternoon Drive Show, Talk Radio 702
- Trudi Makhaya, CEO of Makhaya Advisory
- Prof Nick Binedell, Founding Director, GIBS
- Ralph Mathekga, Managing Director Clearcontent Research & Consulting (and author)
- , co-author ' Adriaan BassonEnemy of the People: how Jacob Zuma stole South Africa and how the people fought back", Editor, News24
- George Kershoff, Deputy Director, Bureau for Economic Research (BER)
- Prof Lorenzo Fioramonti, Full Professor of Political Economy at the University of Pretoria, author of The Wellbeing Economy
- Victor Williams, Head: CIB Africa Regions, Corporate and Investment Banking, Standard Bank Group
- Razia Kahn, Managing Director, Chief Economist, Africa Global Research, Standard Chartered Bank
- Febe Potgieter-Gqubule, SABC deputy chair
- Sandile Shabalala, CEO, TymeDigital
- Jon Tullett, Research Manager, IDC
- Liesl Bebb-McKay, Head RMB's The Foundery
A View from the Ratings Agency
Economic landscape 2018
Political landscape 2018
Business landscape 2018
Business and Consumer Confidence – recent developments and consequences
Wellbeing without Growth, is GDP the Right Way to Measure Prosperity & Progress
Tax and Drawing in Revenue for the Fiscus
Africa Outlook 2018
Word View on South Africa
SOE Outlook 2018
Fintech Outlook 2018
Who should attend:
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CMOs;
- Investment, fund managers, analysts, economists;
- Strategists and consultants;
- Marketing, sales, finance professionals;
- Business owners/entrepreneurs; and
- Government, NGOs, academia.
Click here to access Programme Agenda.
Group discounts are available for 3 or more at 10%, and 5 or more at 20%.
Further speakers be announced shortly.