The banking and finance sector is under siege by new entrants and new technology - Fintechs.
Fintech companies are businesses that leverage new technology to create new and better financial services for both consumers and businesses. They are disrupting the way ordinary people manage and use money and these fintech players can either be a threat or a partner with the traditional and established financial institutions.
How can you harness fintech innovation to remain relevant to customers and competitive in market? What are the various models for fintech integration? How can banks and fintechs collaborate? How do the best business leaders disrupt themselves?
Speakers confirmed to date
Keynote address by: Francois Groepe, Deputy Governor, South African Reserve Bank
- Lee Naik, Chief Executive Officer, TransUnion
- Alison Jacobson, Managing Director: Digital Advisory Services, Digital Practice, Dimension Data Group
- James Matcher, Director & Robotic Process Automation Leader, EY
- Dr Merril Van der Walt, Data Scientist, Strate
- Sneha Shah, Managing Director, Thomson Reuters
- Peter Crawley, Managing Director, Treasury & Trade Solutions Head, Sub-Saharan Africa, Citi South Africa
- Gabriel Swanepoel, Vice President of Product Development & Innovation, MasterCard South Africa
- David Milligan, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Matchi
- Liesl Bebb-McKay, Head of RMB Foundery, RMB
- Herman Singh, Group Chief Digital Officer, MTN
- Kelly Parkhurst, Barclays Africa
Farzam Ehsani, Leader of Blockchain Initiative, Rand Merchant Bank
- Tanya Knowles, Managing Executive of Fractal Solutions, Strate
- Charles Savage, Chief Executive Officer, EasyEquities
Darlene Menzies, Chief Executive Officer, Finfind
- Evans Munyuki, Chief Digital & Information Officer, MyBucks
- Mark Chirnside, Chief Executive Officer, ThisIsMe
- Monica Singer, Chief Executive Officer, Strate
- Digital trends and the implications for financial services
- Disruptive technologies - big data, robotics and artificial intelligence - challenges & opportunities
- Future of financial transactions and integration - partnerships, design thinking and customer centric innovation
- Fintech effect and disruption of own business models - strategic approach
- Blockchain and the disruption of financial services - opportunities and overcoming challenges
- Showcase of cutting edge fintech innovations - disrupting and changing the face of financial services
GIBS campus, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton, Johannesburg
Date and times
22 August 2017 from 8.15 am to 4.00 pm
If you are keen to be a Sponsor, please contact us.
Fee and cancellation penalty
Fee of R4600/p includes conference materials, lunch and refreshments.
Payment of R4600/p must be received latest 2 weeks prior to start of conference to secure seat. Please adhere to cancellation policy outlined below.
To book your seat, please click APPLY NOW. If you have queries on how to book online, please send an email to email@example.com