SAVCA and GIBS are proud to host our annual Advanced Programme in Private Equity: Value addition in private equity. This one-day programme is designed to provide frameworks and best practice for the planning and execution of value addition in mergers and acquisitions.
Who should attend
The course is targeted at private equity, venture capital and other investment professionals who are involved in deal due diligence, transaction negotiation and investee-company management.
Who are the speakers
Programme speakers include private equity fund managers, value-addition specialists at private equity fund management firms, senior management at investee-companies and management consultants.
Speakers confirmed to date include:
- Richard Fienberg, Partner: Value Creation at Ethos Private Equity
- Joao Rodrigues, Principal: Value Add at Ethos Private Equity
- Andrei Vorobyov, Partner at Bain & Company
- Catherine Townshend, CEO at Endeavor
- David Cooke, Partner and Head of Southern Africa at Actis
- Jason Goldberg, Co-Founder at Edge Growth
- Siyabonga Nhlumayo, Partner at Medu Capital
- Samantha Pokroy, CEO at Sanari Capital
- Per Lagerstrom, CEO at Sinequanon
- Joaquin Schoch, CEO at Safripol
- Nazeem Martin, Entrepreneur and SME Finance Consultant
- Mohsin Cajee, Investment Principal - Private Equity at Old Mutual Alternative Investments
- Hans Kuipers, Partner & MD at The Boston Consulting Group
- Lungile Mdluli, Director and Principal at Metier Investment & Advisory Services
- Paul Edwards, Director at Emerging Markets Payments (EMP) Group
Please scroll down to download programme agenda.
FRAMING THE CONCEPT OF VALUE ADDITION
PRESENTATION: Value addition -- The essence of private equity
- A framework for understanding and applying value addition
- The value addition life cycle
- Identifying value-unlocking opportunities during the due diligence process
- Setting up for success: Building alignment before signing the transaction into being
APPROACHES TO STRATEGY AND THE EXECUTION OF STRATEGY
PRESENTATION: Models for strategy development in private equity
- The art of finding value
- The role of strategy formulation in the value creation process
- Ensuring that value materialises
PRESENTATION: Models for executing the strategy -- Perspectives from a management consultant
PANEL DISCUSSION: From Entrepreneurial to Professional -- The strategic transformation of the organisation
LEADERSHIP AND ITS ROLE IN ENABLING TRANSFORMATION
PRESENTATION: The theory of leadership
CASE STUDY: Lessons from practice
PANEL DISCUSSION: People, Processes and Practice -- Leadership culture, and views on building healthy and productive teams within the portfolio company
CLOSING KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Leadership in practice
SAVCA members pay special conference fee of R4000/p. After you have made your booking, to send an email to Belinda on email@example.com with your SAVCA membership reference number.
Non-SAVCA members will pay R4400/p.
Kindly contact us for group discount.
Date, time and venue
1 November 2016
Registration starts: 7.15 am
Conference starts: 8.15 am
Conference ends: 4.15 pm
GIBS campus, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton
If you have queries or issues pertaining to applying/registering online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying/booking your seat, you are bound by the cancellation policy stated below. Kindly adhere to terms & conditions