Join us at GIBS breakfast event - Rethinking the business of HR, dedicated to HR professionals. The objective is to discuss how digital technology is disrupting but redefining the HR function as a business enabler
Digital Transformation in the HR function
7.15 am Registration & Networking Breakfast
8.30 am Presentations and dialogue
10.35 am EndsDiscussions:
- What are the changes?
- Digital transformation of people management, engagement and retention
- Social media, analytics, mobile and virtual
- How new digital technologies enable greater integration, transformation, collaboration and flexibility – from employers' and employees' perspective
- Digital driving process, performance and innovation in HR
- Future role of HR practitioners and HR operations
- Driving business results and competitiveness
- Case examples & dialogue
Take the opportunity to learn, ask questions and network with your industry peers.
Ursula Fear, Human Capital Director, Deloitte Consulting.
Ursula specialises and assists organisations in making their people more effective in the workplace. Her specialities in talent strategies enable organisations to take their business to the next level. With a sound understanding of the employee value chain, Ursula is well positioned to assist organisations in attracting, managing, developing and retaining key and skilled talent.
Joanne Doyle – Went, Senior Manager: Deloitte Digital, Digital Workforce Engagement Deloitte Digital Africa
Joanne is a Senior Manager at Deloitte Digital leading the Digital Workforce Engagement solution at Deloitte. This solution solves business challenges by using innovative technologies and existing communications structures to engage, deliver insights and build a culture of performance, productivity and collaboration within the organisation.
Dr Jeff Y-J Chen, GIBS Faculty
Jeff's research and teaching interests include innovation strategy, value creation thinking and human computer interaction. In partnership with Riaan Lourens, one of Chen's research topics attempts to understand how CIOs across different sectors can be better prepared for the role of the CInOs (chief innovation officers). Chen also coaches and advises organisations within the financial services and technology sectors.
Prior to joining GIBS, he served at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for eight years, and spent four years prior to that managing his family business. Apart from having received his MSc (Rhodes), PhD (UCT) and MPhil (USB), he also completed several other advanced certifications and is currently concluding his PhD (WBS) focused on enhancing collective intelligence for corporate innovation.
If you have queries pertaining to registering online, please email email@example.com
By applying/booking your seat, you are bound by the following cancellation policy
- Delegates who cancel their registrations within 8 – 14 working days before the conference commences, will be liable for 50% of the conference fee.
- Delegates who cancel their registrations within 0 - 7 working days before the conference commences, will be liable for 75% of the conference fee.
- Non-arrivals (no-shows) will be charged the 100% full fee of the conference. Replacement delegate is allowed. Kindly inform us in writing.