Few sectors have been as disrupted as retail has. To survive, retailers need to remain relevant and embrace change.
Whilst no business is immune to disruption, few sectors have experienced disruption on the scale that retail has, because at the heart of their business is the customer, who increasingly is more empowered, sophisticated and connected. Traditional bricks and mortar, location and footprint are no longer barriers to access, and key to sustainability is the identification of trends, opportunities and challenges both on a local and global scale.
Declining economic growth, political uncertainty, high inflation, lower business and consumer confidence, add complexity to an already challenging business environment.
This conference examines the entire value chain from fundamentals, opportunities, inherent weaknesses and the ecosystem of suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and logistics companies. It is intentionally provocative and will require an open-minded approach to what is possible, and more importantly, on how can you apply what you've learnt back to your company.
Conference Moderator: Susan Mauwer
"Retail today requires a multidimensional view of what has to be achieved, driving collaboration and possibilities across the value chain - are the different touch points in your organisation aligned?"
Speakers confirmed to date:
- Stuart Bird, CEO of Mr Price Group
- Andrew Smith, founder, Yuppiechef
- David Smollan, CEO of the Smollan Group
- Jane Canny, chief digital officer, Edcon Group
- Bryan Nelson, sector lead: retail, travel and financial services, Google Africa
- Musa Kalenga, CEO/ founder of Bridge Labs
- Nicholas Haralambous, founder of Nicharry.com and author of Do.Fail.Learn.Repeat.
- Preetesh Sewraj, CEO and chief innovation analyst, Product of the Year
- Jade Kirkel, group marketing manager, Sorbet Group
- Mike Coppin, co-founder Fruit and Veg City Holdings
Discounts of 20% for bookings of 5 or more.
This conference is proudly sponsored by Smollan