Leverage analytics for better business decision and impact on bottom-line.
Predictive analytics is the use of data, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to identify the likelihood of future outcomes based on historical data. The objective is to go beyond knowing what has happened in order to provide the best predictions of what will happen in the future.
Whether you are in marketing, risk and compliance, customer service, operations or any other business unit, your data can show where you are and predict where you are going. The use of predictive analytics will impact how your company make strategic decisions and drive the bottom line.
Save the date for this one-day GIBS Predictive Analytics masterclass. Book early as seats are limited.
1. Understanding the Big Data landscape: Where are we? Why predictive analytics matter?;
2. Distinguishing between descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics?;
2a. How to move between the phases?
3. Barriers and challenges to implementation;
4. Tools and techniques to leverage internal data;
5. How to lower costs and increase profits;
6. How to build your case internally; and
7. The case study in application.
Benefits and reasons to attend:
- Given the rapidly changing nature of this field, understanding what value can be derived from predictive analytics is known but 'how' remains a key question. This masterclass will provide a framework for the application of appropriate tools and techniques to lower costs and increase profitability.
- Building a compelling case remains a challenge. Participants will be introduced to the principles of how to build a compelling case while fully understanding the commonly cited barrier.
- Hone your understanding of the tools and techniques for data analytics.
Who should attend
Practitioners and professionals in charge of:
Masterclass Facilitator - Manoj Chiba, GIBS Faculty
- Big data;
- CRM and customer engagement/retention;
- Sales, Marketing;
- Digital, Social media and Online media;
- Internal auditing; and
- IT, technology and systems.
Manoj is a management professional, having over 10 years of senior management experience. He has an MSc (WITS), MBA (GIBS), and currently studying towards his DBA (GIBS). Currently, he is the Principal Consultant and Data Analyst specialist for ATBM Advisory and has consulted to over 50 companies. He is also a non-executive director on three boards of directors. He continues to advise companies EXCO's and delivers operational projects across industries. His passion is driving the triple bottom line through evidence-based research, and some of the work includes price-setting strategies, market share analysis, and strategic input. He further has a strong passion for education at the grass-roots level and assisting in solving youth unemployment in South Africa. He lectures MBA students at GIBS on Analytical Tools and Techniques and supervises MBA projects.Fee and cancellation penalty
A fee of R4700/p includes masterclass materials, lunch, and refreshments for the day.
Bookings of 5 or more receive a 20% discount.
To book your seat, please click APPLY NOW. If you have queries on how to book your seat online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have successfully submitted your online registration, you will receive a reference number, followed by an email with an invoice. If you do not receive any response, please follow-up with Belinda by sending an email to email@example.com