Corporate Communications: An industry under pressure
From fake news to budget cuts and corporate scandals to political shenanigans, corporate communications professionals have never faced such pressure. Add the intense speed of change in business generally, and it's clear that we need an overview: where are corporate communications and reputation management now and where are they heading?
A distinguished line-up of experts and commentators, including some of the biggest names in the industry in South Africa, will examine:
- Trends and new rules for engagement
- How digital platforms and new technologies can boost corporate communications success
- Understanding your target markets, including:
- What do journalists really want?
- What do employees really want
- What do other stakeholders really want
- Managing a brand through social media, while understanding the legal considerations
- Saving reputations and crisis communication when disaster strikes.
- What do companies and communication practitioners need to understand about crisis prevention?
- Board-level Communications: Missing in Action
- Skills: Building Successful Communicators
GIBS Acumen magazine editor and veteran broadcaster Chris Gibbons will chair the day and also moderate the various panel discussions.
Who should attend?
We recommend this conference for professionals involved in the following business areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Internal communications
- Social media
Speakers confirmed to date:
Chris Gibbons, Editor of Acumen Magazine and former broadcast journalist
Max Gebhardt, Country Manager, FTI Consulting’s Strategic
Maroleng, Chief Operations Officer SABC
Adrian Lackay, Spokesperson, PIC and author of Rogue: The Inside Story of Sars’s Elite Crime-busting Unit'
Solly Moeng, MD, Senior Consultant, DonValley
Jacqui O'Sullivan, Executive for Corporate Affairs at MTN SA
Moliehi Molekoa, Managing Director, Magna Carta
Hills, CEO and Founder, Vuma Reputation
StClair, CEO Siatik, Digital
Partner, Webber Wentzel
Herd, Anchor - Prime News, SABC
Nchabeleng, Managing Director, Blueprint Strategic Marketing Communications.
Timothy Schultz, Director, Brunswick
Oosthuizen, National Managing
Director, Ogilvy PR South Africa
Chris Vick, CEO, Black Reputation
Click here for programme/agenda.
Group bookings of 5 or more receive a 20% discount