Listed on the JSE in 1998, EOH is active across South Africa, as well as over 20 markets globally, servicing over 5000 large enterprises. EOH provides the technology, knowledge, skills and organisational ability to help enable Africa's development and growth.
In 2017, EOH was a market favourite trading at R170 a share. It was then hit by a series of corruption charges and the share price imploded.
Join the Dean of GIBS, Professor Nicola Kleyn for a fireside chat with Stephen van Coller, EOH Group CEO, where Stephen will reflect back on the lessons learned during that tumultuous period, what it took to navigate these difficult conditions and the journey towards steering the company's reputation back to being Africa's largest ICT business. Speaker
: Stephen van Coller
- Stephen van Coller joined EOH in September 2018 and is currently the Group Chief Executive Officer at EOH.
- Prior to this, Stephen served as Vice President of Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions at MTN Group Limited since October 1, 2016 and served as its Vice President of Digital Services, Data Analytics and Business Development.
- Stephen previously served as the Chief Executive of Corporate and Investment Banking at Barclays Africa Group Limited from 2009 to September 30, 2016, where he oversaw over R250 billion in assets spanned across 13 African countries.
- He was also part of the Barclays plc EMEA CIB executive committee and served as the Chief Executive of Corporate, Investment Banking and Wealth at Barclays Africa Group Limited (alternate name Absa Group Limited) since October 2011.
- He has over two decades in Financial Services. He joined Absa Capital in September 2006 as its Head of Primary Markets and also served as its Head of Investment Banking.
- He initially worked at Ernst & Young Inc. In 1991, he moved to the United Kingdom as a Senior Auditor at Knox Cropper and Finance Manager of the Richmond Fellowship Housing Association. Returning to South Africa, he worked at Deutsche Bank (DB) for 10 years, where he served as Managing Director of Investment Banking since 1996 and also served as a Foundation Trustee in South Africa and Head of Coverage and Corporate Advisory.
- He serves as a Member of the World Economic Forum, represented on the Global Agenda Council (GAC) on Values as well as on the GAC committee on the Future of Banking.
- During his time at EOH, Stephen, together with the management team have been cleaning up the balance sheet, reorganising the business, and building a significantly stronger risk management and governance structure and team.
A light supper will be served after the event.
Please note: GIBS forums are filmed for City Press, BDTV and further distribution. Want to attend but can't afford to? email firstname.lastname@example.org
for one of the limited free seats available.