Beyond the obvious headlines, this forum examines the fundamentals, opportunities, inherent weaknesses and prospects for South Africa in 2019.
The Foresight Forum is a highly anticipated event on the GIBS calendar. Panelists are asked to share insights into the factors shaping the coming year and discuss the possible implications for executives and businesses in South Africa. Every year we draw on South Africa’s top economists, politicians, business leaders and leaders in civil society to participate.
Speakers confirmed to date:
- Xhanti Payi, economist and director, Nascence Advisory & Research;
- Bobby Godsell, former chair of Business Leadership SA, former AngloGold CEO, former chairman of Eskom in 2008 and 2009;
- Konrad Reuss, S&P (Standard and Poor's) Global Ratings MD for Africa;
- Monhla Hlahla, Denel chairperson, chairman of Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) and GE South Africa’s Londvolota Trust, non- executive director of Liberty Holdings, STANLIB Limited, and EXXARO Limited;
- Ebrahim Fakir, director of programmes, ASRI (Auwal Socio-Economic Research Institute); and
- Andile Khumalo, CEO, The Brodkast Group, former COO of MSG Afrika and managing director of POWER 98.7
A light supper will be served after the event.
Want to afford but can't afford to? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for one of the limited free seats available.
Please note that GIBS forums are recorded for City Press and BDTV.