Do you have a business idea that addresses a social or environmental problem?
Together with the SAB Foundation, we're giving away up to R 50 000 in cash prizes!
If you think you have what it takes to pitch to a panel of experts and a live audience, we want to hear from you.
The GIBS Entrepreneurship Development Academy, will be hosting the 5th annual Social & Green Entrepreneurship Festival of Ideas Competition at the GIBS campus in November. The festival casts the spotlight on sound business ideas that drive a social or environmental mission to achieve social change. Aspirant social entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their unique social or environmental business ideas to a panel of experts for a chance to win spot cash prizes of up to R 50,000.
How to enter:
How it works:
- Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp to 063 611 8494, include your full name and email address.
- Entries close on 31 October 2019.
- Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp
- 50 candidates will be shortlisted and notified by 8 November 2019.
- All shortlisted candidates must attend a Pitching for Funding Workshop to be held at GIBS on 15 November 2019 (date subject to change, confirmation will be sent to all candidates)
- A second shortlisting will take place on the Workshop day and 12 candidates will be chosen to pitch to our funders on the main event.
- The main event will be held at GIBS on 21st November 2019, where the top 12 finalists will pitch their ideas to win a share of the prize money.
Terms and Conditions
Only SA citizens are allowed to apply
Only voice note entries will be accepted;
Voice notes must be clear and a maximum of 2 minutes
No entries will be accepted after the 31st of October 2019;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
Attendance of the workshop is compulsory for all shortlisted candidates. Failure to attend will result in disqualification;
Excludes transport and accommodation. All shortlisted candidates will need to pay for and arrange for their own transport to GIBS in Johannesburg for the workshop and the main event;
All ideas must have a social or environmental benefit;
No cash will be given on the day of pitching, your banking details are to be sent and the money will be deposited in your account.
GIBS will work together with the winners of the Festival of Ideas to create publicity for mutual benefit.
Judges' reserve the right not to award the full amount of money;
Judges' decision is final.
All competition participants must be over 18 years of age.