SAVCA and GIBS are proud to bring you our annual foundation course for financial professionals in the early stages of their careers in private equity
This course is intended for private equity practitioners, investment/fund managers, institutional investors and consultants to the industry. Delegates are guided through the private equity process with real-life case studies and best practices as presented by senior private equity practitioners.
A certificate will be awarded to participants on completion of the course.
This 2-day workshop will unpack the full spectrum of the Private Equity life cycle and provide necessary knowledge to understand the following concepts:
- What Private Equity is and the current trends;
- The role of Venture Capital in the Private Equity life cycle;
- The evolution of Private Equity funding models;
- Deal generation;
- Evaluating investment opportunities;
- Due Diligence considerations;
- Career opportunities within Private Equity;
- Financing private equity deals: the role of debt funding and Mezzanine funding;
- Post-investment: the best practice in value addition;
- Top strategies and guidelines for performance frameworks;
- Successful Exits;
- Regulatory landscape; and
- Institutional investors: trends and mandates.
The various topics are presented by Senior Private Equity practitioners, who share a wealth of knowledge and experience with workshop delegates. Delegates will not only learn about the Private Equity life cycle from these presenters, but also gain personal insights into some of the most interesting Private Equity deals. The workshop topics are integrated by industry expert and Classic Business Anchor, Michael Avery, a seasoned professional in the deal making space.
Please click here to view the programme agenda to date.
R8 500 SAVCA Members
R10 000 non-members
20% discount for firms that send five or more delegates
Early bird rate : R 500 discount to all who apply by Friday 17 May 2019.
Dates: 11, 12 July 2019
Venue: GIBS Auditorium, 26 Melville Road, Illovo
To register for this programme, click here