Understand how technological advancements and digitisation are impacting your organisation's future competitiveness.
Although all sessions are delivered online, participants will have the option to attend the first half-day session on 22 September 2020 at the GIBS campus in Illovo. This session will be live-streamed for distance-learning participants.
We are seeing the emergence of the digital age which most organisations and their leaders are unprepared for. More than ever, information technology (IT) is dramatically transforming the business and public-sector landscape and is having a direct impact on our prospects, our existing/future customers and society as a whole. In the past the business architecture and business strategies would be depicted and then they would verbalise the need for IT to enable and execute on the need. The model has now been turned on its head.
If you look at the evolution of technology and its impact on human sociology in the past 10 - 15 years, the question is not whether you are ready for the change, its whether you can keep up with the pace of change and stay relevant regardless of your products and services. Are we prepared for what is coming? The question is not “if” but when it does impact your sector and at the pace its currently moving at, are you geared and built to adapt to these technological disruptions and adopt them to your advantage or will we be yesterday’s news?
The digital imperative is real, and we need to amplify our people, culture and technology platforms to deliver on breakthrough value. The business of the future is now.
This course consists of 6 modules that will provide a holistic understanding and appreciation for the application of a digitalisation framework:
• Introduction: Setting the scene – The digital imperative (Attendance option: Live-streaming or classroom based);
• Module 1: The business and customer of tomorrow (online);
• Module 2: Digital dexterity – The enabler and intent to your digital strategy (online);
• Module 3: Tech trends and concepts: Artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, machine learning (online);
• Module 4: Cyber Security and data privacy legislation (online);
• Module 5: Mobility: Understanding our consumers sociology (online); and
• Module 6: Business intelligence – The quest for data excellence (online).