This conference will take place in an innovative digital format. Live sessions will be scheduled throughout the week 19-23 October. Should you not be able to attend the events live, full recorded packages will be available.
2019 was a dramatic enough year for retail in South Africa. Fast-forward to March 2020 and the WHO declares a global pandemic, South Africa announces its first COVID case and by the end of the month we are placed on one of world's strictest lockdowns.
The urgency with which retailers need to adapt to the new normal cannot be downplayed. The sector remains one of the most dynamic and diverse in our economy. Its health has a significant impact on the country's overall economic wellbeing. Facing a weak economy, unemployment and low-income growth, what are the strategic options for the sector?
- Leading Retail: A High Level Industry View
- Changing Business Models in Retail- Newcomers to the Industry Disrupting the Norm
- Informal Markets and Township Retail
- Meet the Landlords: Enticing Customers Back, Creating Experiential Malls and a Varied Tenant Mix Post Covid.
- Understanding Customer Trends and Shopper Behaviour Post Covid
Speakers confirmed to date:
- Graham O'Conner, Group CEO, Spar Group Ltd;
- Benjamin Trisk, CEO of CNA;
- Nhlanhla Ndlovu, Innovator, Co-Founder & Managing Director at Burgundy Fly;
- Setjhaba Makhatho, director of BiBi Cash n Carry;
- Richard Mukheibir, CEO of Cash Converters Southern Africa;
- Mike Smollan, chief growth and innovation officer of Smollan Group
- Natasha Smith, MD of Trade Intelligence;
- David Torr, CEO of UCook
- Vuso Majija, retail director of Fortress REIT Limited,
- Paul Cook, CEO of Faithful to Nature and Founder and MD of Silvertree Holding
- Lynton Peters, CEO of OneCart;
- Jessica Boonstra, Founder and CEO of Yebo Fresh
- Sakhile Maseko, Founder and CEO at Aumax
- Laurence Rapp - CEO, Vukile Property Fund
- GG Alcock, author of KasiNomics and Kasinomic revolution;
- Dirk N. Prinsloo, MD of Urban Studies;
- Jonathan Sinden, COO of Liberty Two Degrees;
- Kerry Elliot, Head of School of Retail, Trade Intelligence
- Tumelo Chaka, head sales: forex and investments at Nedbank;
- Andrea du Plessis, Retail Analyst, Trade Intelligence; and
- Yongama Njisane, principal economist and head of the technical committee of the Retail Inquiry at the Competition Commission.
In Partnership with: