GIBS' 3rd Annual Healthcare conference will take place in an innovative digital format
Live sessions will be scheduled throughout the week. Should you not be able to attend the events live, full recorded packages will be available.
2019 was a dramatic year, with the appointment of Dr Zweli Mkhize as Minister of Health; discussions around the NHI; and towards the end of the year, rumours (we now understand) of a new virus lurking in Wuhan City.
Fast-forward to March 2020 and the WHO declares a global pandemic, South Africa announces its first COVID case and by the end of the month we are placed on one of world's strictest lockdowns.
The world, and the health care profession in particular, will never be the same. Nurses and doctors on the front line have become the new superheroes, while politician have in many instances taken up the role of villains. What impact has COVID-19 had on the sector? What will be the new normal, and how must the sector pivot under these difficult circumstances?
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Dr Ryan Noach, CEO of Discovery Health
- Dr Stan Moloabi, Principal Officer, Government Employees Medical Scheme (GEMS)
- Dr Lungi Nyathi, Executive Director, Medscheme
- Dr Mike Forder, CEO of Ampath Laboratories
- Dr Peter Cole, Manging Partner, Lancet Laboratories
- Professor (adj) Alex van den Heever, Chair, Social Security Systems Administration and Management studies, Wits School of Governance
- Seline van der Wat, General Manager, hearX Group
- Jason Haddock, CEO, 3X4 Genetics
Additional speakers and programme to be confirmed soonest.
Interested in sponsoring one or more of these webinar sessions? Contact Katie Kilpatrick on firstname.lastname@example.org