The GIBS Alumni Body consists of all the DBA, MBA and PDBA graduates of the School since its opening in 2000.
Purpose and Values of the Alumni Office
To nurture relationships with GIBS Alumni for mutual benefit. We
want to reconnect, refresh, reenergize and inspire our alumni community thereby
building lifelong relationships with them. We want to build upon our shared
values to make a positive impact at an individual, company and country level. At GIBS we value continuous development throughout one’s life,
in the alumni relations office this translates into opportunities for alumni to
build upon their life’s learnings and continuously shape their knowledge,
experience and networks. We are welcoming, inclusive and respectful. We seek to maintain
our high standards of professionalism and hospitality ensuring our alumni enjoy
and benefit from the GIBS experience.
Reconnect with your alumni office and fellow alumni
1. GIBS Alumni LinkedIn Group
Join the GIBS Alumni LinkedIn Group and join the GIBS website to receive weekly updates. By fully integrating with social networks, and cultivating a culture of helping and giving back, you will be amazed how vibrant your Gordon Institute of Business Science alumni community is!
2. The GIBS MBA/PDBA Exclusive Portal
GIBS Alumni Connect allows you to both re-connect and re-engage with old classmates as well as enabling you to utilize the trusted Gordon Institute of Business Science environment to expand your professional network and refresh your knowledge. If you are interested in our accreditations and affiliations,
Being a GIBS Alumnus also entitles you to the following benefits
- Access to our exclusive alumni networking platform.
- Exclusive evenings with local and international speakers.
- Interactive masterclass evenings with GIBS faculty.
- Exclusive invitations to alumni clubs.
- Social events.
- R200 for all GIBS Forums - click here for more information.
- 20% discount on many Executive Education Courses - click here for more information.
- Discounts on Conferences - click here for more information.
- Access to the Info Centre on the GIBS Campus (no remote access permitted) for a
nominal fee. Click here for
an application form & membership guidelines.
The Alumni Office would like your assistance with following initiatives
Let us know if you or your company are willing to host groups of GIBS MBA students for company visits.
Volunteers are needed for our various MBA/PDBA open evenings throughout the year.
Volunteers are required for coaching/tutoring and mentoring of our current students.
Let us know should you be willing to provide testimonials about your GIBS experience.
Let us know should you have embarked on an interesting venture and would be willing for us to profile you on our various media channels.
Let us know should you have something to share and inspire people and wish to be a speaker at one of our numerous events.
Let us know should you have any suggestions around initiatives that you would like to see coming from your alumni office.
Send us an email at email@example.com indicating your interest to getting involved!
Alumni China/Africa Club - China Day Event
Tuesday 30th August 2016
Venue: Gordon Institute of Business Science
Purpose of the day: To introduce and promote the Chinese culture to African business elites including local professionals, executives, entrepreneurs and scholars in order to build a strong cultural tie between China and Africa.
- Chinese culture seminar
(Classroom 8 - 09:30am – 12:00pm)
- A welcome note from GIBS Representative (10:00am – 10:15am)
- A speech from Chinese consulate's diplomat (10:15am – 10:30am)
- A speech from Chinese embassy's diplomat (10:30am – 10:45am)
- Chinese culture presentation (10:45am – 11:15am)
- Chinese investments meeting African culture (11:15am – 11:45pm)
- Chinese lion dancing and Kongfu show on campus
(Lawn Area - 12:10pm – 13:00pm)
- Chinese contemporary movie show (Classroom 8 - 13:30pm – 20:00pm)
Chinese foods and snacks available on campus (10am – 17pm)
Alumni in the Spotlight
For any queries or personal information updates, please send an email to