Joe has been working in RSA since 1984. He has worked as an R&D manager, Training and Development Manager, Change agent, Consultant on a range of operations aspects (mainly process focussed), Book Importer (a business he still owns with his daughter) and a Lecturer.
He has been a part-time lecturer at UNISA Business School for 7 years (1996 to 2002) and a part time Senior Lecturer at GIBS since it opened in 2000. He has also lectured at other South African Business Schools and has run an customer-centricity interventions for African financial institution for Duke CE in 2013.
During his period as an independent consultant (1996 to now) Joe has worked for a number of leading South African companies, both in South Africa and other countries, on various interventions that covered both operational AND people aspects of process excellence and customer centricity (delivery thereof) and Project Management (at “Project Management for Non Project Managers level”).
Clients include Glaxo SmithKline, South African Revenue Services, Standard Bank, South African Bureau of Standards, First national bank, Investec, First Rand Short Term Insurance, Telesure and many more.
Joe has specialist knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Operations Management
- Customer centricity (delivering customer service)
- Project Management
- Group Dynamics (running activities)
- Performance Improvement Coaching
- Operations Management, Quality management, Capacity Management, Delivering Customer Value, Customer Service Excellence, Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Quality Management
- Customer Service
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Coaching in all of the above
- Running and design of simulations