Change a life AND acquire skills development points on your B-BBEE scorecard
Knowledge transfer and developing practical skills are catalysts for innovation and job creation, especially in the ever-changing digital world of today. Furthermore, Skills Development is a priority element as defined in the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice, meaning that entities need to meet the sub-minimum requirement applicable, in order not to automatically discount a B-BBEE Level.
The Full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PDBA) from the University of Pretoria's Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) provides an opportunity to recent graduates to meet the skills development needs of our society.
This honours level programme will be offered over 12 months and is suited to graduates who are currently either not employed or part-time employed. Students will develop a holistic view of business, gain knowledge from world class faculty on a variety of subjects, develop practical competencies through targeted coaching and applied learning (on the job), and experience what it requires to be a successful in the digital era. In this way, the programme will not only equip students to catapult their careers, but also to be meaningful contributors to society.
The Full-time PDBA directly meets the intention of the Skills Development element within the context of B-BBEE, which is to accelerate the training and development of black South Africans in order to allow for greater participation of black people in the mainstream economy and in the creation of new business ventures. Corporates who meaningfully participate in the training and development of black people (employees and non-employees) are awarded skills development points on their B-BBEE scorecard.
Benefits - the GIBS Full-time PDBA is a skills development programme that:
• Is B-BBEE aligned
• Qualifies for training categories “BCD” under Skills Development, therefore allowing corporates to claim the tuition portion and workplace component of the program for B-BBEE points
• Offers great flexibility to students and is fully customisable for corporates to ensure a perfect fit for their B-BBEE needs
• Administered by GIBS, an accredited Institution of Higher Learning, thereby enabling corporates to claim the relevant points under this specific Skills Development criterium
• Provide enhanced Skills Development points for the training of disabled black South Africans
• Allows corporates to partner with GIBS and select deserving students from their extensive student database in order to meet demographic targets
• Is well-rounded and focused on career and personal development
Get in touch
with us today to find out more about this exciting new Skills Development offering.