The Purpose and Objective of the GIBS Careers Department:The main objective of GIBS Career Services is to provide a platform for all current MBA, MPhil, PGDip, PDBA and PMD students as well as GIBS Alumni to network and connect with business. The ultimate goal is to position GIBS as the preferred business school to recruit the best candidates from.
Initiatives and Services:
Apart from company network events, we host a number of personal and skills development sessions for which we invite various experts to address students to add to their management and personal toolkit.
Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 situation GIBS Careers have are now hosting all events – i.e. workshops, company network events, etc online via Zoom.
GIBS Career services is partnering with SAGEA (The South African Graduate Employers Association) as well as EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) on a number of virtual career fairs in 2020.
- Collaboration with SAGEA online Career EXPO
Companies/ students/ alumni are invited to register now for the SAGEA VirtualGradEXPO that GIBS is participating in, on 21 July 2020 (10am to 3PM)
All degrees are welcome!
Register now at:
Additional days: 29 July and 13 August 2020
Companies interested in participating can book directly with SAGEA:
SAGEA VirtualGradExpo – 2020 Registration
- Collaboration with EFMD online career fairs and activities
What do GIBS students and Alumni need to do to access the EFMD Highered option?
- Log in or create an account with your student email at https://gibs.gethighered.global/
- Click on the new tab in the top toolbar of the platform called "EFMD Virtual Career Fairs"
- View all the available fairs, pick the ones you are interested in and register to receive information as soon as registration opens. The next EFMD virtual fairs will open in September – please follow EFMD Virtual Career fairs for a schedule of future fair dates.
- Prepare for the fairs by watching existing masterclasses on the platform
- Follow Highered on social media to get more insights
GIBS alumni who no longer have a school (GIBS) email can reach out to EFMD Highered and they will help you get verified on the platform.
GENERAL CAREER SERVICES OFFERED INCLUDE:
- Career Fairs – see above information re virtual fair partnerships or contact GIBS Career Services for more information
- Advertising Career Opportunities
- Industry and company career sessions – online virtual network sessions – please contact GIBS Career Services if you would like to schedule a company network session
- Internship programme for Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (FT PDBA) – programme starting February 2020:
The Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration is designed for young graduates who have no work experience or having worked for a year or two, realise they want to change track into a business management career. The PDBA is an intensive full-time year-long programme using a wide range of management development methods. It has two overriding objectives. Firstly, the acquisition of business knowledge in a broad range of functional areas. Secondly a personal development thrust to ensure the graduates have the confidence in themselves, are effective self-managers, and are aware of professional workplace competencies required for a successful long-term career.
A central, compulsory, feature of the programme is that the students spend two months (August & September) in full time employment on an internship. The students would have completed 9 of their 12 subjects before the internship, covering the fundamental functional aspects of all businesses. Students will be encouraged to establish their own links in terms of prospective internships, and GIBS will provide support for all students through the process of finding their internship opportunities.
We invite companies to partner with GIBS on this management development imperative by way of offering internship positions.
The internship period is ideally August & September, but any period completing before the end of January 2021 may be acceptable. The company or individual can assign work that is valuable to the organisation – either smaller projects or as part of a larger project. All students have internet access and would be able to work virtually.
We look forward to engaging with companies in the talent and recruiting space and invite you to contact us should you require more information regarding any of the abovementioned initiatives.
If you would like to ensure that your company becomes involved as a GIBS career partner, please do not hesitate to contact us via email - CareerServices@gibs.co.za
Senior Manager: GIBS Career Services
GIBS Services Officer
GIBS Services Officer